Orbit36 is a management consulting boutique specialized in Strategic Planning, Risk and Capital Management for banks and insurance companies.
We offer our clients a unique combination of practical experience in driving strategic projects, firm-wide processes and methodologies, designing and implementing industry-leading frameworks for capital, performance and risk management, as well as sophisticated financial and scenario modelling.
We are advisors and partners for senior executives in risk, finance, strategy and the business who need to master regulatory, economic, market and performance challenges and drive change in financial institutions.
Robin Dutt has more than 20 years experience in the financial services industry. For 10 years, he was Head of Group Strategic Planning at UBS. In his role, he was responsible for the strategic and operating plans of UBS across business divisions, legal entities and regions globally, the group-wide forecasting process, scenario modelling, performance and cost control analytics, as well as various change projects.
- Advisory to executive board members and senior finance executives
- Business partnering with executives in wealth management, retail and corporate banking, investment banking and asset management businesses as well as corporate center functions
- Driver and management of projects, processes and change in large scale, complex and global organizations
- Strategy, financial planning, forecasting and analytics
- Performance management and business reviews
- Scenario modelling, financial resources optimization
- Establishment of financial steering tools (KPI framework)
- Interactions with banking regulators, authorities and auditors
- Leadership and development of multi-cultural teams in international locations
Robin Dutt holds a Master in Economics from the University of Konstanz.
Dr. Andreas Ita
Dr. Andreas Ita has more than 20 years experience in the financial services industry. For 6 years, he was Head of Group Economic Performance and Capital Optimization at UBS. In his role, he was responsible for the group-wide capital allocation framework, risk-adjusted performance measurement and the approach to determine the firm’s cost of equity. In addition, he avdanced the internal and regulatory stress testing methodologies for the Group and key legal entities. Prior to this, he worked for more than 10 years as an equity derivatives trader for UBS Investment Bank.
- Design and implementation of frameworks for capital- and risk management in global financial institutions
- Advisory to senior executives (Chief Risk Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer), including preparation of proposals for Group Asset and Liability Management Committee and Board of Directors
- Development of firm-wide methodologies for stress-testing, capital allocation and cost of capital
- Risk-adjusted performance and value-based management (Economic Profit), hurdle rates and link to compensation
- Quantitative modelling of Pre-Provision Net Revenues (PPNR) for business planning, stress-testing and scenario analysis
- Financial modelling and valuation analysis, including goodwill impairment test under IAS 36
- In-depth understanding of capital markets, financial instruments and market risk
- Interactions with banking regulators, authorities and auditors
Andreas holds a PhD and a Master in Banking and Finance from the University of Zurich, as well a Bachelor in Business Administration from the Kalaidos University of Applied Science.
Dr. Andreas Bitz
Dr. Andreas Bitz has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry mainly in senior risk management functions. He was at UBS Chief Risk Officer Treasury, prior to that Global Head Market Risk Control at the Investment Bank and Chief Risk Officer for Wealth Management Americas.
In his role as Treasury CRO, Andreas was responsible for the development and execution of the risk management framework for market and liquidity risks on the balance sheet at group level and key operating entities. This included oversight and control as 2nd line of defense for IR, structural FX, liquidity and funding risks as well as the safeguard of liquidity portfolios and net interest income.
- Development and implementation risk frameworks for the trading and banking book
- Advisor to senior executives at board level. Representing the Chief Risk Officer function at risk and asset liability committees (ALCO) at group, divisional and legal entity levels
- Deep understanding in capital market risks across many asset classes (fixed income, commodities, equity), including complex financial instruments
- Modelling, measurement, analysis and assessment of market and liquidity risks
- In-depth understanding of net interest income development and intra-company transfer pricing drivers
- Implementation of regulatory projects for the risk management function and interaction with banking regulators in Europe, the U.S. and APAC
- Design and implementation of group wide risk management processes and their supporting infrastructure.
- Experience in crisis management during market and business stress events
- Building and development of strong global risk management teams
Andreas holds a PhD and Master degree .in Physics from the EPF Lausanne and the ETH Zürich. He holds a CAS Swiss Certified Treasurer (SCT) from the Luzern University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU) and is a CAS Certified Board Member from the Rochester-Bern Executive Programs.
Dr. Jochen Kaduff
Dr. Jochen Kaduff has over 20 years experience in the financial services industry. For 6 years he was the Chief of Staff of the Group Chief Financial Officer of UBS and led of a program for front-to-back digitization of the credit processes of UBS Switzerland. Prior to this he worked at Credit Suisse, Bank Vontobel and Julius Bär in various senior leadership functions in strategy, finance, risk as well as front office management. In addition, he acted as board member for bank subsidiaries. Jochen started his career as a consultant and later Associate Partner in the Swiss Office of McKinsey & Co. where he advised financial institutions across Western and Eastern Europe on strategy, organization, cost excellence and risk & distressed asset management.
- Advisory to executive boards and senior executives of financial institutions on business strategy and implementation management
- (Digital) transformation program lead and change agent for finance departments of banks and of non-financial institutions
- Organizational design development and cultural transition
- Near- and offshoring deployment and operation
- Business process excellence and Lean Sigma practitioner
- Senior Leadership Coach (ICF)
Jochen holds a PhD in economics from the University of St. Gallen and a MSc in mathematics from the University of Ulm. He graduated from the AMP at Harvard Business School, Boston, and the Digital Disruption Program at IMD, Lausanne.
Daniele Ferraro has more than 30 years experience in the financial services industry. For 10 years, he was Head of the Liquidity Reserve at UBS globally. In his role, he was responsible for the management of the regulatory portfolios across all legal entities and regions. In addition, he contributed to the optimization of the financial resources and risk management across the various areas within Treasury’s mandate: funding, the banking book, and the regulatory portfolios.
Prior to that, he held several trading and investment roles within UBS Investment Bank and across different asset classes. Earlier in his career, he worked at the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, Kredietbank Suisse SA and the Banque Suisse de Crédit et de Dépôts.
- Construction and management of regulatory and investment portfolios
- Driver of front to back Treasury related projects, for example integration of liquidity portfolio in newly created entities, implementation of new portfolios and accounting standards
- Trading of fixed income securities, repo and interest rate derivatives
- Interaction with senior management, banking regulators authorities and auditors
- Leading multi-cultural teams across various regions
- Building external relationships with issuers, market makers, dealers
- Experience with financial crisis management from a market perspective
Daniele is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and holds a Swiss Stock Exchange Diploma and a Swiss Federal Diploma in Commerce.
Ugo Lagrotta has more than 25 years experience in financial risk management covering multiple asset classes. Over the last 14 years, Ugo worked at UBS managing counterparty exposure for the Investment Banking division and led the trading team who manages the structural FX exposure in Treasury ALM. Prior to this, he worked several years as Portfolio Risk Manager for BP Oil International.
- Asset & Liabilities Management with focus on the structural FX & Interest Rates exposure in the balance sheet
- Management of FX exposure in the CET1 capital ratio
- Counterparty risk exposure management for unsecured and secured client relationships
- Implementation of Credit Valuation Adjustment (CVA) framework and CDS hedging capability
- Negotiation of industry standard legal documentation for parties engaging in Derivatives trading and Securities Financing Transactions
- Financial ressources (RWA, LRD) optimization
- Client portfolio reviews aimed at optimizing profitability on a risk-adjusted basis
- Managing and mitigating Settlement Risk for FX & Rates trading
- Risk-adjusted performance measurement
Ugo Lagrotta holds Master in Economics from the University of Naples (Italy).
Diana Wolf-Dolgner is CEO of the management consultancy Market & Beyond. She has more than 20 years of experience in market intelligence and business innovation, gained in strategy departments of international companies. Previously, she was Director Market & Economic Research, Future Management at Rolls-Royce Land & Sea, where she introduced the structured exploration of future trends and the development of global scenarios for the evaluation of business opportunities and risk assessments at an early stage. Today, she also contributes her foresight expertise as a member of start-up jurys and in international committees such as the Diplomatic Council.
- Trend-based strategy consulting
- Know-how: Future trends that will impact us in the coming decade; Megatrend Gallery Framework
- Development and review of future assumptions, strategies and visions
- Market and Competitive Intelligence
- Prognosis and forecasting tools: scenario analysis, war gaming, back-casting
- Framework for risk and sustainability assessments
- Business innovation, transformation and change: Promoting a future-oriented mindset and visionary thinking