Board of Directors Training
Board members of a bank need to effectively supervise the management. Enhance your skills with our tailored board member trainings.
- Addresses the increased responsibilities and skills expected from individual board members
- Helps to challenge and supervise the management of a bank
- Improves your understanding of the mechanics, risks and dependencies of a bank’s business model
- Fosters effective discussions with regulators
- Tailored to the specific needs of board members. Available online and in person, individual or group training
“The training is highly valuable for board members to foster a balanced discussion between the board and management.”
Vice President of the Board of Directors of Saxo Bank (Schweiz) AG
Our expert trainers
Our modules – your choice
- Reveals structural risks in a bank’s balance sheet. Explains the role of capital structure and Basel III regulation.
- Covers interest rate risk, funding and liquidity risk resulting from the maturity mismatch between loans and deposits.
- Explains the Liquidity Coverage Ratio and the Net Stable Funding Ratio requirements under Basel III framework.
- Summarizes the complex interplay between client trust, sufficient capital, liquidity and stable funding.
- Explains how a bank manages its assets and liabilities.
- Shows the most relevant balance sheet positions and how banks fund their assets through the issuance of liabilities.
- Describes the role of the Treasury function as bank internal intermediary and how to manage interest rate and FX risks.
- Shows the mechanics of a capital and funding plan.
- Explains the key drivers of income and expenses and their link to financial resources.
- Shows how to effectively steer a bank through performance dialogue, KPI Framework and financial analysis.
- Covers integrated strategic business planning and financial resources optimization.
- Introduces value-based management concepts, capital allocation and their link to shareholder value creation.
- Shows the impact of changes in the economic and social environment on the markets and customer needs.
- Provides to think proactively about the future - even outside of one's own field of business.
- Helps to think in alternatives and to remain confident even in uncertain times.
- Makes transparent how markets, industries and (customer) needs will develop.
Single module online training for one person, 1.5 h
Modules 1 + 2 online training for one person, 3 h
Customized onsite board members training